Learn how to be a service dog trainer specialized in medical alert
From selecting a dog to training and working with clients - a comprehensive course with all you need to get started
This course offers everything you will need to get started as a service dog trainer specialized in medical detection. Even though all our classes are through Zoom, this is a hands-on, practical course. You will learn how to select and train a dog from A-Z. We’ll meet once a week online, but you must be able to dedicate at least 3 hours a week for the practical assignments between classes.
This class will cover all the material for Assistance Dogs Training, from dog selection to working with clients and over 30 behaviors trained:
- How to select and assess dogs to train as a service dog.
- Service dog training foundational behaviors
- Intermediate training and going out in public.
- Assistance Dogs Training Advanced.
- Specialized training for disabilities such as diabetes, seizures, autism spectrum, and psychiatric disorders.
- Selection and matching dogs and clients.
- Working with clients before, during, and after placement.
- 38 hours of live teaching sessions
- Required access to a dog to train as a service dog.
- Information-packed practical teaching with written and video assignments.
- Best suitable for intermediate to advanced dog trainers.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- A complete system for record-keeping and assessing dogs.
Total cost $3,500.00